Saturday, January 21, 2012

Super Awesome School!

Hey everyone! Well we are officially circumnavigating the globe! So far it has been great and even better than I expected. I arrived in Nassau and made it to the hotel at about 1pm on Thursday, my taxi driver was Scottish which was strange but nonetheless interesting. Met about 20 people at the airport so the rest of the day was spent relaxing on the beach and at the hotel which had a totally awesome water slide. That night about 6 other people and I caught a bus to downtown and proceeded to walk about 2 miles to this restaurant that ended up having some incredible seafood. After dinner we went to Senior Frogs for a bit, the drinks were really overpriced so we ended up staying for only about a half hour and then headed back to the hotel to get some sleep, I was wiped out from having slept about only an hour the past 2 days.

The next day my random roommate and I woke up and packed leaving for the dock at 11am. Seeing the ship during the daylight was an incredible feeling knowing that we were so close to boarding it. We waited in line for about an hour going to customs and passport registration before finally boarding the ship. The ship is an impressive piece of machinery all in itself. It is the fastest passenger vessel in the world. It's fairly small especially when compared to all the other cruise ships in the harbor but its also really nice. My room is small but it has lots of storage and has a really nice big window. My roommate is from Rochester, New York and he is really great. In every room there is a picture on the wall and on the back their are dozens of notes from past participants giving tips and advice about the different countries and the ship, some are more appropriate than others but a lot are good to know. So far this has exceeded my expectations, everyone is so excited and nice and we all cannot believe that after so much planning we are finally on the boat. We left Nassau last night because about 27 people had been waiting around for their Brazil visas. Although we have left almost a day behind schedule it can be made up because the ship is so fast. Classes start today! I'm exited to start getting into shipboard life and getting my "sea legs".

So far it has been a great time, hope you all are doing well.

-Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment