Monday, November 5, 2012

Why I Hate Scary Movies


Around Halloween time, there is always the release of some very scary movies. Some are filled with gore and guts and others just plain old terrifying. While many people flock to the theaters to indulge in what I consider a sick fetish, I choose to steer clear of these films. Why? Because I simply hate the feeling of sitting down whether in a living room or movie theater where things come out of nowhere and I have no choice but to sit in my seat and watch.
            It isn’t that I hate blood and gore; I just find it completely unnecessary to take it to the extreme like many of these movies do. Here I am having a mini heart attack and I have paid money for this to happen. It just doesn’t really make very much sense to me. I don’t find it fun to get scared, its not how I want to spend my free time. If I really wanted to get scared, I could tell my parents that I’m dropping out of school, then I would be terrified. Its not even that someone is setting up something to scare you, your purposely-paying money to get scared.
            From the scary movies that I have seen, they all start off like this. First groups of people big or small come across some supposedly haunted house or wander into a haunted forest because they heard that it was haunted. Then they all make the clearly poor choice of entering said haunted house or forest and slowly one by one are killed in increasingly gruesome ways. Nearly all scary movies are terrible movies with terrible actors. If I want a movie that excites me and where people get killed, I can watch an action or thriller where the good guy/girl is always a badass and comes out on top. It’s just the idea of paying money or wasting time to get the crap scared out of me is not something that I enjoy.
            Don’t get me wrong I love Halloween. I love dressing up, I love candy I actually like haunted houses too but I hate sitting and watching some stupid people get killed in gross ways. I can think of many other ways I would like to spend my time.

1 comment: